07 Nov The Bedroom: How to Get The Most Use Out of Your Investment
The bedroom is an important part of any home. It’s especially important so guests feel like they are “at home” when they are in a different city. Every detail of a short term rental property counts to a guest, so why not start with the bedroom? The HOST recommends the following to get the most use of your investment:
1. A Queen or King-Size Bed
3. Box Spring
4. Zippered Mattress Protector : The protector must wrap all around the mattress and is zipped-tight.
5. Breathable Pillows
6.Zippered Pillow Protectors : All protectors should prevent water, bed bugs and have fully zipped protection.
7.Two Sets of Colored Bed Sheets : Colored sheets will last longer and will not have the lasting damages of bleach found on white sheets. Additionally, normal stains tend to not show as they do on white sheets.
8.Duvet : You can put the comforter in the duvet cover during the winter as an extra layer of warmth and take it off during the summer.
9. Two sets of Duvet Covers: Interchange them with each reservation.
11. 8×10 Area Rug
12. Focal Art Piece
13. Two Table Lamps : Your Guest will appreciate one with USB chargers on each side.
14. Light Reading Materials : Add your favorite Materials such as magazines, books, etc. to add to the homey feel.
Extra but Recommended:
15. Accent Chair
16. Floor Lamp
17. Chest or Five Drawer Dresser : So guests have a dresser to put their clothes in
18.Hangers : If there isn’t a closet consider using a standing rack so guests can hang clothes
These are highly encouraged recommendations for the bedroom in your vacation rental.